DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

11 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Everyday for the past couple weeks the DOCTOR who ever he is has been withdrawing hundreds of kilos of physical Gold and Silver as well as significant amounts of Platinum from Bullionvault.

Doctor Zhivago ?

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see M+G launch a £500 million buy back.First of many i suspect,they add more to shareholder funds every year than almost anyone,even fags.Ladders in the sector mostly hit with just a few left so i wouldnt mind a turn or a flatline in them all from here.

Telcos a bit weak,likely worries over energy costs and Ruskie cyber attacks or cable cutting.Im trying to find a pea shooter maker handy to take out those Ruskie T80 tanks,doesnt seem like you need much more.

25 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

There was a discussion on Twitter yesterday that one of the largest producers of nickel in the world (apparently not Vale or Glencore) needed to find and were struggling to find US$5 billion in a margin call after nickel had exploded in price.

Contagion in other words, everyone is now wondering exactly who it is.  Selling stuff you don't have has a horrible chance of ending up in exactly this situation.

Luckily its also shown a situation I hadn't expected, hedged producers are in trouble with the spike as they have to pony up extra margin, if the price gets silly it causes them cash problems.  Hochschild have hedged a significant chunk of their silver over the next year, I'm going to take profits and reduce exposure.  Diversification is key to wealth preservation at the current time.

Lightscribe
1 minute ago, Plan-b said:

Well spotted. I saw the same user name withdraw millions of pounds worth of gold just leading up to March 2020, and then coof happened not long after. Coincidence? who knows.

19 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Everyday for the past couple weeks the DOCTOR who ever he is has been withdrawing hundreds of kilos of physical Gold and Silver as well as significant amounts of Platinum from Bullionvault.

This person or organisation seems pretty desperate to get hold of their Metal, the costs of withdrawing it from Bullionvault must be eye-watering plus there will be VAT on top for the Silver and Platinum.

It’s just @Errol moving some spare change around.

0B9530F7-9E72-4BB0-AD9E-B2E083DF2DD2.thumb.jpeg.4a920b10bf17d9fce87300fc0a7587d4.jpeg

2 hours ago, wherebee said:

Interactive brokers now indicating that POLY can only be sold, not bid on.

I did get my small purchase 15 hours ago though.

That should make the share price rise today I was hoping for slightly difficult.  I tried a buy and sell (just tried) and if wouldn’t give me a buy but a sell was no issue. 
Although I see it is up 10% already 🤔. Early days I know

Private companies eg McD’s been asked to boycott Russia, I guess to isolate the West further from the people of Russia? Businesses are damned if they do…and now damned if they don’t.

The Dow started to take a kicking….another 40% to go and maybe the chants will become a little quieter when the citizens of the US start checking their 401k’s. 

The oligarchs will soon have no money….just precious metals, food, gas, oil, businesses generating commodities but poor on paper. So in every sense of the word…still wealthy. 

Soon the bottom 80% in the West will have lots of paper money but no food, gas, oil, commodities. Hopefully they will have enough electricity to charge their phones to be told it’s all good and THEY are winning.

And to be fair, it won’t be much better for the bottom 80% in the East.

I know it’s ‘time in the market’ but for me there is no an element of timing this market. I a happier paying 15% up from the bottom rather than buying in an losing big time. I guess that’s what the ladders is all about. 👍🏻

GLA 

27 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

This person or organisation seems pretty desperate to get hold of their Metal, the costs of withdrawing it from Bullionvault must be eye-watering plus there will be VAT on top for the Silver and Platinum.

17 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

Well spotted. I saw the same user name withdraw millions of pounds worth of gold just leading up to March 2020, and then coof happened not long after. Coincidence? who knows.

Bloody Timelords using time travel to their advantage just to make a couple of quid.😉

22 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Thankfully we produce over 60% of our own food.

It'll be more expensive, but it's here already.

Higher than I thought it would be, however much of it relies on fertiliser with the inputs sourced mainly from Putin's playground.

The UK imports roughly 50% of its ammonium nitrate, with 75% of imports for fertiliser use coming from the EU (primarily from Lithuania, Poland, and the Netherlands) and the remaining 25% from Georgia and Russia.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/united-kingdom-food-security-report-2021/united-kingdom-food-security-report-2021-theme-2-uk-food-supply-sources

14 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Or...

spacer.png

That collar is too floppy,needs collar stays,comb over terrible,needs a buzz cut and finasteride and that body warmer is at least two sizes too big a nice cardigan would be more stylish,needs to be in merino wool,a John Smedley,but he isnt cool enough for them,so maybe a Lewin or Hackett.

Noallegiance
49 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Nice to see M+G launch a £500 million buy back.First of many i suspect,they add more to shareholder funds every year than almost anyone,even fags.Ladders in the sector mostly hit with just a few left so i wouldnt mind a turn or a flatline in them all from here.

Telcos a bit weak,likely worries over energy costs and Ruskie cyber attacks or cable cutting.Im trying to find a pea shooter maker handy to take out those Ruskie T80 tanks,doesnt seem like you need much more.

I saw Intrepid state $35m in buybacks.

What good does that do aside from prop up the share price when they pay no divs?

Or may they start divs?

1 minute ago, Noallegiance said:

I saw Intrepid state $35m in buybacks.

What good does that do aside from prop up the share price when they pay no divs?

Or may they start divs?

Looks like they might start divis,like you say buybacks are really best for companies with decent divis and slow growing,even slowly declining  business.Iv sold most of my potash,never had Intrepid,some ladders nearly 5x in price on some of them.They made roughly 2.5x what i hoped for the cycle overall.Funny enough i thought they had the best potential for the cycle outside of gas and silver,so should of allocated slightly more to them as a group,but very happy.

There will be a flood of potash of course in a few years,thats how the sector works,could be lots more upside of course yet.

11 hours ago, Cawn said:

They all count. I reckon their short of stock. When a share has fallen 80% you'd think it's not a buy as why has it fallen so there would be plenty to buy. Yet you can't buy for love or money and the price just remains flat. Something very fishy about Poly. They have just released another RNS tonight. Impressive communication. Someone's going to get very rich off the back of these Russian shares. You can just smell it. I'll go again tomorrow.

I guess everyone knows this, but if you can't get a live quote, just "fill-or-kill" 'em.

I bought a very small amount this morning on HL. I was buying a bit on the way down, but stopped at £6.40 as I had (more than) hit my allocation, at least in terms of money put in! However, I thought I'd get a tiny amount at these (hopefully) historic prices, just for bragging rights. For information, my average price is £12, so even if it recovers, I haven't benefited much from the crash. I don't care if the price goes to zero.

I put the fill-or-kill in at 10% over spot price (and of course they fill at the correct market price, if it's below that). It took about 20 minutes for an allocation to come up, but that's about the same time as it has taken in the past when I was buying Yamana.

Noallegiance
3 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

There will be a flood of potash of course in a few years,thats how the sector works,could be lots more upside of course yet.

I'm trying to ignore Intrepid's $500 per share in 2007......¬¬O.o

Democorruptcy
48 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

That collar is too floppy,needs collar stays,comb over terrible,needs a buzz cut and finasteride and that body warmer is at least two sizes too big a nice cardigan would be more stylish,needs to be in merino wool,a John Smedley,but he isnt cool enough for them,so maybe a Lewin or Hackett.

Looks like a classic case of gold toilet jealousy:Jumping:

JimmyTheBruce
1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

For once, I have the rare opportunity to disagree.  I wish they hadn't launched the buyback yet, and I'd like them to fall further.  I only got my first ladder yesterday. :P

16 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

We can all buy our coal off Durham Born.

Are you suggesting that DB had a covert 'coal plan' from the start - in order to monetize the thread...  How very dare you?!

leonardratso

lloyds will sell me and quote evr and poly, just tried it, didnt buy it though, not worth the bother for the cash i have in there

(£55), but they quoted and offered rather than yesterdays negotiated shite.

Flogged off BASF at a loss, hit my limit, deployed the money into HUKERSNCOKE.com for the win.

11 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

We know how much gas is left in the North Sea, it's just a matter of price. They might do more tax tinkering to incentivise small fields again, but if they're serious they'll put in a floor price, or a contract to buy the reserves into a new national gas reserve.

CP, when you mention drilling contracts tied to a 'national gas reserve', is that how the UK could ensure it keeps the oil that's pumped from north sea? Is it feasible? I believe the US did it with shale?   ...Energy and food security so important from here (bleak war economy incoming!).

1 hour ago, Cawn said:

Old trick. Allow no buys express liquidity problems. Handbrake on SP.

If you can sell , but not buy someone somewhere is accumulating and why I wonder.

Disclaimer. I hold very few , why because I've plenty of mickey mouse money but they won't sell me any.

£850m market cap.  I am struggling to buy £5k!  xD

Yeah, that's getting messed with.

Castlevania

For those of you trying and failing to get a quote for Polymetal on HL you need to set a Fill or Kill order. Set a max price 5-10% above what Google is showing and should get filled within 5 minutes max.

I bought 2000 shares at 179.34 and another 1000 at 179.35 whilst Google Finance was showing 179.30. Happy with that.

Archived