DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Just because I don't click 'Informative', it doesn't mean that I am not interested...often I don't understand the point so go away and do some reading before clicking...ultimately I then forget to return and click! :-)

Please don't spoil a perfectly good moan!

external-content.duckduckgo_com.jpg.8f89d76714d403ce429112ce0f4ba472.jpg

reformed nice guy
16 minutes ago, kibuc said:

It was 1.18 as I started typing that post and 0.57 by the time I reached the end...

P/E of 1

54 minutes ago, Harley said:

Tough love incoming.  I've been thinking about that comment.  It misses the point, the elephant in the room.  The behaviour is merely a mirror.  This has become a traders market.  I said this a while back, echoing what the smart guys were saying.  Passive is over and active is back.  It'll be a shock to all, hopefully earlier here than others.  Sarah Beeny and co made money on houses as much because the market was going up.  Easy if you weren't completely stupid or hated by god.  Now we'll see who has the smarts, training, and aptitude.  One reason I've been working on the technicals, etc and have a new respect for the likes of Tim Price and his move to trend trading.  Most of what I do has a reason!  I fear some here (like me in my younger days) has as much technical depth as a dart board which has been fine to date but now are either going to be very lucky or very fecked.  Lazy and lucky, put the hours in and earn it, or get out of the game!

I fear I may be in the latter camp...oh, and not so young!

From a report I was reading

Western brokers have implemented a range of measures regarding Russian stocks, including in some cases a block on purchasing any of them and instead allowing customers to only sell existing positions. Not being able to freely buy and sell listed stocks makes the entire notion of investing in the stock market go up in smoke

here you go, you see how it works now? the blody truth coming out again!

YOU DOB IN THE FED YOU GO TO JAIL! now where's the gifs takin the piss out of powell again? what were u saying @Yadda yadda yadda:P

They reveal that Johnson, convicted separately for manipulating rates on a much smaller scale, in fact tried to bring lowballing to the authorities’ attention, starting in 2007.

He repeatedly alerted the US central bank, the Federal Reserve (the Fed) to the fact that banks were lying about the interest rates they were paying to borrow dollars.

from

The whistleblowing bankers who were sent to jail

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60561679

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

No,i want more exposure across the board but not sure yet how to structure it.That trust is a nice opening.

Here's a similar Japan growth and income trust...   It has been on my buy list for a while, when I last looked its focus was industrials/IT/small caps.                                                https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/a/atlantis-japan-growth-fund-ordinary-npv

Chewing Grass
4 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

From a report I was reading

Western brokers have implemented a range of measures regarding Russian stocks, including in some cases a block on purchasing any of them and instead allowing customers to only sell existing positions. Not being able to freely buy and sell listed stocks makes the entire notion of investing in the stock market go up in smoke

Think of all that regularly extracted pension money that needs 'investing' with ever fewer places to invest, potentially one last big puff of the bubble.

HousePriceMania
3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Think of all that regularly extracted pension money that needs 'investing' with ever fewer places to invest, potentially one last big puff of the bubble.

MELT UP.

8 hours ago, BadAlchemy said:

Luke Gromen - "US can't sanction Russian energy without risking systemic collapse"

Wow. Great link thank you.

Some great lines of thought...

"If gold is repriced. If gold is a de facto reserve currency at a much higher price. The next line of thinking is if gold miners are now sovereign reserve asset creators they will not be allowed to remain as private entities."

belfastchild

Javier Blas reporting '*** British utility Centrica says it's urgently seeking to end natural gas supply agreement with Gazprom ***'

Oh dear.

2 minutes ago, Ma2 said:

Wow. Great link thank you.

Some great lines of thought...

"If gold is repriced. If gold is a de facto reserve currency at a much higher price. The next line of thinking is if gold miners are now sovereign reserve asset creators they will not be allowed to remain as private entities."

external-content.duckduckgo_com.jpg.a838623f6b6f4ae35907095554a786cd.jpg

1 hour ago, JimmyTheBruce said:

For those who have been looking to get a (long-term, inflation-protecting, sensible, definitely not gambling) entry into Heidelbergcement, its at the lowest its been for a year.

Damn, i've just bought Poly-Heidel-Prom by mistake... not sure how, must have been distracted or something!!!

27 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Javier Blas reporting '*** British utility Centrica says it's urgently seeking to end natural gas supply agreement with Gazprom ***'

Oh dear.

That'll show them Russians

lemon.gif.cd7af94650ac10af6ef8df965e6831e4.gif

At least they are covering important issues too

https://www.centrica.com/stories/2022/lgbtplus-history-month-reflecting-on-the-past-and-looking-to-the-future/

Happiness alert: There are some amazingly bullish setups out there!  The cups are full but their handles have been grinding you down to the point of disinterest!  :)

HousePriceMania
16 minutes ago, JMD said:

Damn, i've just bought Poly-Heidel-Prom by mistake... not sure how, must have been distracted or something!!!

I think I know what happened here

Huge Boobs GIF - Huge Boobs - Discover & Share GIFs

Nasdaq selling off and oil going up I see......just do the opposite to wot uncle dave says and you'll be fine xD

soz fed up of all these cunts who think they know all the answers.......FED, UP, is there a joke in there somewhere??

I'll get my bag.....

HousePriceMania
7 minutes ago, nirvana said:

Nasdaq selling off and oil going up I see......just do the opposite to wot uncle dave says and you'll be fine xD

soz fed up of all these cunts who think they know all the answers.......FED, UP, is there a joke in there somewhere??

I'll get my bag.....

So all the over priced american shite is falling and the price of all the stuff the people own on here is going up ( yet all our share prices are falling ).

Gotta love this forum

Just now, Sidd said:

If it makes you feel any bettee, my 10k stake in poly is down to 5.5k in a week, so I will listen to one of my favourite songs as a teenager as consolation:

BRO! that is one of my favorite songs & vids! have a virtual suck on my bong......

if you don't know me well enough I always advocate a stop loss, good luck next time:)

6 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

yet all our share prices are falling

Intrepid was up earlier, hasn't been that high since 2015 :P

PS getting distracted, please ban me xD

2 hours ago, JimmyTheBruce said:

For those who have been looking to get a (long-term, inflation-protecting, sensible, definitely not gambling) entry into Heidelbergcement, its at the lowest its been for a year.

How about Veon Telecom? (NB I am not adding to the thread 'stock picks'?!, as this one has been discussed before!?). Anyway might be at its all time lows. Has lots of debt but good cash flow. Ideally need one of the thread's debt bond experts to say that the company debt is structured low and long, and if this were the case, it could be a very cheap buy. Obs not advise of course.                                                                                                           Actually, as an aside, an idiot's guide for gauging company bond debt (duration, rate) would be very useful. Some stock sites do provide nominal debt info, but never enough detail to properly aid in judging cycle term debt risk. I guess the only proper way is to visit the specific company web site and open their annual reports, however I wouldn't really know what I'm looking for in terms of judging good/bad?

Archived